Brief Intervention Clinician
Great opportunity to make a difference in our community
Be part of New Zealand's leading Primary Health Organisation
Great lifestyle living in sunny Gisborne
Great primary care changes lives. Pinnacle Midlands Health Network exists to get the best outcomes for people and their communities.
We are a primary care innovator. We're known for doing things a little differently to bring about change in the system - and that is where you fit in.
Reporting to the Pinnacle Locality Lead - Tairāwhiti, you will provide support to general practice in their care of clients experiencing mild to moderate mental health and/or substance abuse issues. As a brief intervention clinician (BIC) you will deliver packages of care to clients aged from 12-19 years and 20+ years. Clients will be referred through a single point of access and triage, whereby you will provide clinical assessment and deliver brief intervention therapy.
You will be able to demonstrate adaptable inter-personal skills, problem-solving abilities and the ability to challenge, inspire, influence, enable and encourage others.
We welcome your application if you:
- Are a registered health professional with a current practising certificate OR a registered Social Worker with a current practicing certificate
- Have at least 3 years' experience in community mental health service delivery
- Have a full and current drivers licence
- Have a working knowledge of the clinical assessment tools used to assess and measure mild to moderate mental illness
- Have experience working with youth
- Additional education or experience in mental health service delivery would be an advantage
This role is Monday to Friday, based around normal business hours but with room for some flexibility, perfect for that work life balance to enjoy the Gisborne lifestyle!
Pinnacle Midlands Health Network is a not-for-profit organisation that works on behalf of general practice with community health providers, allied and secondary health services. Supporting sustainable general practice to deliver high quality care is at the heart of what we do.
We manage the community health care of over 400,000 people enrolled with approximately 86 general practices in Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Taupo-Turangi, and the Waikato.
Ready to learn more? Visit www.midlandshealthjobs.co.nz to find out more about us and to apply for the role.
Applications will be assessed as they arrive, so apply today!